Shewee Review – A Girl’s New Best Friend
Posted by Neil | May 24, 2011
Designed specifically for women, the Shewee is a revolutionary portable urinating device you can use standing up without removing your clothing.
Every one of us has almost certainly been ‘caught short’ at some time. To men this is not such an issue – but for the ladies, having nowhere to go can be a traumatic experience.
The prospect of squatting behind a bush, using unhygienic facilities, or waiting in line for an hour to use the portaloos at a festival is not a very appealing thought. This is where the Shewee comes in, enabling women to wee standing up – just like men do.
The Shewee has been in production for several years and continues to grow in popularity, becoming an important piece of kit for trekkers and festival goers alike. Since featuring on television’s Dragon’s Den and being brought to the attention of a huge audience, its popularity has soared, and it is now sold all over the world.
A friend bought me one of these awhile ago for a joke, but now it is so invaluable it comes with me to festivals and on camping trips and treks all the time – in fact it's so useful I even bought my mum one!
Even Fearne Cotton and Ajesha Dixon relied on them whilst climbing Mount Kilimanjaro for Comic relief in 2009. But you don’t have to be climbing Africa’s tallest mountain to be grateful that you remembered to pack your Shewee. It really is almost like a girl’s best friend!
Simple steps to using your Sheewee:
1. Undo trousers, push underwear to one side and put the Shewee in place with outlet pipe directed away from your body.
2. Aim urine in a suitable direction – into a toilet or container, a trick that men have yet to master!
3. When finished, pull funnel away and wipe. A liquid repellent coating ensures no drips.
4. Place the reusable Shewee back into its re-sealable bag or Shewee carrying case.
5. Give sigh of relief and wash hands!